These instructions apply to the GUI Desktop wallet. Other wallet may require different steps to be followed.
1. Click 'HISTORY'.
2. Click 'Show Bundle' on the 'pending' transaction.
3. Click 'REATTACH'.
4. Click 'REBROADCAST'. (optional, usually not required)
5. Wait for 1 hour.
6. If still 'pending', repeat steps 1-5 once more.
IOTA's current Tangle implementation (IOTA is in constant development, so this may change in the future) has a confirmation rate that is ~66% at first attempt.
So, if a transaction does not confirm within 1 hour, it is necessary to "reattach" (also known as "replay") the transaction one time. Doing so one time increases probability of confirmation from ~66% to ~89%.
Repeating the process a second time increases the probability from ~89% to ~99.9%.
Complete the following steps:
2. Get a static IP for your node.
3. Join the network by adding 7-9 neighbors.
Try to keep your full node running 24/7 for best results! Either host it on your main computer, a separate computer in your direct possession, or on a suitable hosted VPS.
There are various options:
* Use a Web wallet, accessible via a WebGL2-enabled Internet browser, such as Google Chrome. This is created by IOTA's community.
More options may become available, as time goes on.
IOTA is an open-source project. Anyone can contribute to IOTA, and help develop the protocol. Visit our GitHub page, and see #developers channel in the IOTA Slack.
This forum post marks its introduction.
Information is available here.
IOTA became traded on a semi-automated escrow-based exchange (YDX) in 2017. In 2016, it was limited to OTC trading on the BitcoinTalk forum, and such. Today, IOTA is available on major crypto exchanges.